- ¾ cup chopped ham
- 1¼ cups green onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 7 Hawaiian bread rolls cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup egg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350°.
Over medium heat, sauce onions, ham and garlic for 5 minutes. Remove and cool.
Arrange bread cubes on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
Combine milk, egg, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large bowl, stirring with whisk. Stir in ham mixture. Add bread and toss to coat.
Arrange half the bread mixture in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half the shredded cheese; top with remaining bread mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 45 minutes or until set.