- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (We like Jif.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts, finely chopped Granulated sugar, for rolling
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
With an electric mixer, beat butter until soft. Add sugars, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Mix in peanut butter. Add eggs one at a time, and beat until fully incorporated. Stir in vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, stir dry ingredients into batter, and fold in chopped peanuts, just until mixed.
Spread granulated sugar in a shallow dish. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls and roll in sugar, spacing 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with the back of a fork in a crosshatch pattern. Bake until just golden at the edges for soft cookies, about 14-15 minutes. (Cookies will continue to set out of the oven.) Cool on racks.