- ½ lb andouille sausage, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups half and half 1 cup grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled
- 6 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350°. Heat skillet over medium heat and brown sausage. Add onion and peppers, and saute until wilted.
Bring half and half to a boil in saucepan. Add grits. Reduce heat and cook until thickened. Add salt and cayenne. Remove from heat and stir in sausage, peppers and onion, butter and shrimp. Fold in eggs. Put in a greased 9×13 casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until set and golden brown.